This website has a wealth of information about the local economy around Cambridge.
It also publishes monthly updates with information about local companies which could be very useful when thinking about a speculative application or to check the company’s website for possible new jobs.
As an example of what they cover, here are the first five highlights from the October 2015 report:
- Cambridge Big Data specialist GeoSpock has clinched £3.5 million Series A fundraising and will co-locate in St Andrew’s Road, Cambridge with world-leading location technology company Ubisense.
- Cambridge speech technology business VocalIQ has reportedly been acquired by Apple for a sum of between $50-$100 million.
- American chain Hilton is taking over the running of Cambridge City Hotel. The Downing Street hotel, which was recently purchased by the CDL Hospitality Trust, will be rebranded as a Hilton in December.
- Cambridge-born Hotel Chocolat has relocated from Petty Cury and opened a 40-seat café, shop and school of chocolate on the ground floor of the Lion Yard shopping centre.
- Lincolnshire-based North Shoes has opened in the former Campkins camera shop at 11 Rose Crescent, creating 5 jobs.